Friday 27 March 2015

A Dinosaur Quilt


This week I am making a dinosaur quilt for Rowan. His mum has commissioned it and he has sent a list of his favourite dinosaurs to be included. I looked them all up to draw the patterns and my knowledge of dino shapes has been very much expanded! The design will also include lots of jungle animals and some woodland ones too. The central panel print is by Michael Miller. This is in the same design run as the fabric in the centre of the big stars. Below you can see my human quilt stand holding up the quilt top in the garden, well actually you can only see his fingers.... 

Dinosaur quilt top by Green Star Quilts
Here are some close up photos of the quilt top. I am waiting for the backing fabric to arrive at the moment.



Dino quilt detail
T Rex meets a camel and dolphins, pterosaur flies over the top of the quilt,

Dinosaur quilt detail
I love the magic of folkart quilts where houses can be the size of horses and anyway who knows what colour dinosaurs really were?

Dinosaur panel by Michael Miller
The surrounding fabric for the central panel is called Jolly Jungle by Makeower....

Woodland animals on Dinosaur quilt
I can't wait to quilt this top, The colours are so bright and cheerful...


Owl and big star
I hope to be able to show you the finished quilt next week if the backing fabric arrives in the post.


That's all I have time for this week, now I have a birthday cake to bake for daughter, bulbs to plant, seedlings to water and so many other things to do too.... all before baby number two arrives and I am required for Granny duty! 

I hope you have a lovely week sewing and designing your quilts,
Kind regards,
Sue

PS. I am linking with Lily's Quilts blog this week as she is hosting a link up party. Click on the button below to see her blog.



Fresh Sewing Day

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

All your appliqué quilts are super cute and this is no exception. Love the dinosaurs.

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Thanks Jasmine, I love the panel in the middle and will certainly use the same idea for the second quilt which will be for Rowan's baby brother.

TheItinerantChemist said...

So cute and such fun! I bet they'll be thrilled with it. :)

Rachel said...

What a fun quilt!