Tuesday 14 January 2014

New beginnings and gratefulness

I have just moved my blog from my website to Blogger. It has been a sharp lesson in tidiness. Finding the old photos has been a long process as I hadn't filed them properly....or tidily....or in any order at all. But it has been fun. Reading old blogs, remembering happy times with Barney the dog, at last I can look at photos of him with a smile rather than tears. Here he was emptying my waste paper basket when he was bored...



 I remember when I first started my business Green Star Quilts, you can read about it here I had just stopped work as a community nurse and thought I would like to start making quilts for children. Now I have lots of returning customers who have become firm friends too. I know about their children and rejoice over new babies with them too. There is a lot to be grateful for and I am looking forward to 2014 and its quilting challenges. Here is the first quilt of the year, nearly finished:



I will show you the whole quilt when it is finished. In the garden the blackbirds are still eating the fallen apples, we are all apple crumbled out! 

Those of you who are reading my blog for the first time, I hope you enjoy it, do leave me a message, I will be adding buttons and lists when I have learnt how to do it!  

No comments: