Tuesday 14 January 2014

Looking up

Sometimes I forget to admire the city I live in. I focus on my sewing, scurry to buy groceries, whisk to the post office and forget to look up. And when I do, I realise that there is so much to enjoy. So here is a little walk around our cathedral close. Here sits the most patient dog.... with an expectant look that us dog owners will recognise... the ' I am sitting just as you asked, now hand over the biscuit' look....and the man holds his hat, reading his book, will he notice his obedient friend? This is Tennyson, (sorry about the blurry photo) just on the cathedral green....





and look to the left....






and if I look up....



Now back to the sewing room and today I have finished this quilt for Louise to give to Sam as a Christmas present. It is big enough for his first bed and , as he lives on the coast it had to be a seaside design.



I do love a rolled quilt too.....





No comments: